Wednesday, July 2, 2008

...we’ve become a generation of overly sensitive people who refuse to tolerate anyone


I want to know, am I the only person who thinks that there are way too many rules? I just ran across an article that said there is a new "no standing rule" for Kansas City Chiefs games…being a football fan this really bothered me.

The whole reason I go to football games is to be in a crowd of standing yelling fans…It makes the game good for me. I don't understand people just sitting down…especially the entire time. I mean if I can't see the game, I'll just stand up too…lol…I love to see people excited and smiling and laughing. Some may think the fan "obstructing my view" is ruining the game for me…but me being upset that someone is excited about the event is what is ruining the game for me. That's a metaphor for life. LOL you hear that saying it's not what happens to us, but how we respond. Now if I need special concessions, most stadiums make those available.
I guess rules like this are inevitable. It's like we've become a generation of overly sensitive people who refuse to tolerate anyone.

OMG and who can forget the "sagging pants" ordinances. OF all the problems in the world you CHOOSE to be offended by someone else's choice of dress? How silly is that?
No talking in movies. I realize I may lose a lot of you with this one. But I think "no talking in the movies" is a silly rule. You can always see the movie again in 2 weeks when it's on video! But you can't get that experience back. I love to hear people's comments and jokes…I love to make them too!? In the end it's just a movie… Who cares if you didn't hear that last line? Who cares if a baby is crying? That's what babies do! LOL Thank God babies can cry as to alert us when they have a problem…and thank God that the parents decided to take time out to do something for themselves.

I want to encourage you to change your attitude about other people's actions…everyone who stands up in front of you or steps on your foot isn't being inconsiderate…I'm sure no one is bringing their baby to church or the movies so they can cry and annoy you (do you know how much daycare/babysitters are?)…not everyone who's cell phone rings in class left it on purposely to disrupt your education…lol
Lighten up people!

No comments: