Sunday, September 8, 2013

Moving Forward

Joel Osteen @ Lakewood Church
  • As long as l live in regret looking the past it will keep me from my bright future.
  • Don't let what someone did or didn't do for me hold Me back or  poison my future.
    • Resentment Regrets Disappointment are bags that can weigh you down and God didn't create me to carry that much weight
  • In the car, the rearview mirror is smaller than The windshield because what lies ahead is more important than what is behind you.
    • My bad breaks did not stop Gods plan for my liFe.
  • Philippians 4:8 KJV
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
    • Quit thinking about it and quit talking about it. when there negative pictures come up, change The channel because I have the remote
  • Isaiah 61:3 KJV
    To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord , that he might be glorified.
    • You have to let go of the negative to receive the positive. The enemy would love for me to sit in the ashes.
  • Philippians 3:13-14 KJV
    Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
  • 1 Samuel 16:1 KJV
    And the Lord said unto Samuel, How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Beth–lehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.
    • There is a problem with excessive mourning.
      God can take What I see as a stumbling block and use it as a stepping stone.
    • I SHOULD sow my losses as a seed.
  • James Franco
    • James Franco become trapped in a canyon. A boulder has him pinned down…after a few days his arm dies so he cuts it off.
    • IF something Is dead in my liFe l had to not due with it. I have to be willing to walk away
  • Job 2:8 KJV, Job 19:25
    • And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes.
    • For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
  • Isaiah 61:7 KJV
    • For your shame ye shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: everlasting joy shall be unto them.
      .
    • Victoria @ Lakewood Church
  • Proverbs 18:21 KJV 
    • Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
  • James 3:4-8 KJV
    • Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and
      hath been tamed of mankind: But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
  • James 1:5 KJV
    • If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
    • You can take your tongue and turn your life around.

No comments: