Sunday, July 9, 2017

Prospering Under Pressure


Pastor Nick @ Lakewood Church

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light."
Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 NLT


Vacation Blues: Smashed Rental Car, Sick Daughter, stitched son, flu wife

The question is how are we carrying pressure? How can you live at peace in the midst of pressure.

None of us are accidents and we have been designed with a unique purposes. We were created with a need to carry pressure. Purpose and pressure go hand in hand. We need a healthy sense of pressure to operate at our best. You've been graced for your race. You've been equipped for your trip.

Self-imposed unnecessary pressure.

Basketball vs Football

Pressure will push you to act out of nature and/or compromise.


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the 
Hebrews 12:1 NLT

We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne.
Hebrews 12:2 NLT

Cabin pressure constantly adjusts depending on where the airplane is and that's what we should do.

Cabin pressurization is a process in which conditioned air is pumped into the cabin of an aircraft or spacecraft, in order to create a safe and comfortable environment for passengers and crew flying at high altitudes.

Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:11‭-‬13 NLT

• Find a promise
As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands.
Psalms 119:143 NLT

• Fight to worship
But the time is coming—indeed it's here now—when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth. The Father is looking for those who will worship him that way.
John 4:23 NLT

Adjust and choose to worship because your worship will fight for you. Allow you pressure to produce a sound.

It's hard to worry and worship at the same time.

You don't worship because all is good but because He is good.


No comments: