Saturday, January 21, 2012

iPray Conference 2012

@LakewoodChurch

"Between Two Laughs"
Christine Caine

1. Stir up a passion for prayer.

• Sometimes you can live vicariously through someone else's prayer life.

• You do what you want to when you have passion.

Psalm 127:1 Unless the lord builds the house,the builders labor in vain.Unless the lord watches over the city,the guards stand watch in vain.

Hebrews 11:11 And by faith even Sarah, who was PAST the childbearing AGE, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise.

• God's promises are eternal.

• God cares about the details of my life.

• It took Sarah 25 years to receive the promise. Sarah laughed when God made the promise and it took her that long to strengthen the womb of her faith.

Genesis 18:14 Is anything too hard for the lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son."

• God doesn't work in due dates, he works in due seasons.

Galatians 6:14 Is anything too hard for the lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year, and Sarah will have a son."

• Sometimes we rely on the circumstances and not God.

• Prayer is one way to ensure that we rely on him.

James 4:2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.

Genesis 16: Ishmael

• When we take things into our own hands we do crazy things that will give birth to an Ishmael.

Matthew 11: 28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

• When things get hard it's because I'm trying to do things in my own power.

2. God doesn't do things the way we would.

Isiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,neither are your ways my ways,"declares the lord.

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, ACCORDING TO HIS POWER that is at work within us,



POWER PLAYS
Carla Harris

"Carla's Pearls"

Proverbs 4:7 The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom.Though it cost all you have, get understanding.

1. Perception is the copilot to reality. What lens is the organization looking through when they are looking at me. I can train people to think about me the way I want them to think about me.

• Pick 3 adjectives that I want people to use to describe me when I'm not in the room. They must be valued in my "organization". They must be associated with success for the seat that I'm sitting in or aspire to be seated in.

• Innovative, Resourceful, Efficient...

• Be authentic: If I can't be myself, then it's not the right place.

• Be consistent.

• Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

• Fear has no place in my success equation.

2. Advisor, Mentor, & Sponsor Relationships

• Advisor: You can ask discrete questions.

• Mentor: Share the good, the bad, and the ugly. Someone you trust. If you don't know the person well, he can't be your mentor. This person gives you tailored advice they you can execute toward success.

• Sponsor: The person you tell the good, the good, and the good. This person will argue passionately on my behalf. The sponsor must be in your organization. *People who can open access to funding and new clients.

° Get Data: If I don't know, then I can't fix it.

° When you can tap into someone's need to be needed, and they are helping you then you can recruit them to your success team.

3. Be comfortable taking risks.

• It's either a blessing or a lesson. What is a lesson today is leverage tomorrow. Failure always brings you a gift, and that's experience.


THREE QUESTIONS TO EVALUATE A RISK
• Will the new thing give me skills and experience?

• …create new branches on my decision tree?

• …create new relationship?

4. Authenticity

• Don't submerge that which is uniquely me.

• Bring all the Jeanicia's to the table.

• That includes my Christianity

5. Expect That I Will Do Well

• I have everything that I need.

TOOLBOX
• Spiritual Word
• Academic Background
• Experiential Background
• Network (Don't be afraid to ask for help.)

6. Most precious pearls.

• I can do anything through Christ who stengthens me. Phil 4:13

• No weapon formed against me shall prosper. Is 54:17

• Psalm 91


What does success look like in our family?

You constrain growth if it's all about "you".



THE POWER COUPLE
Clayton and Ashlee Hurst
"Building Strong Marriages and Families"

1. Wisdom

• Pray for wisdom.

• Knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as an action. (I need insight)

• Seek mentors.

SCRUPTURE
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Proverbs 2:6 For the lord gives wisdom;from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Daniel 2:22 He reveals deep and hidden things;he knows what lies in darkness,and light dwells with him.

• We were created to please God and it is impossible to please God without faith.

MARRIAGE:

FAMILY: Pray for an abundance of wisdom at EACH stage.

2. Authentic/Integrity:

SCRIPTURE
Proverbs 2:7 He holds success in store for the upright,he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,

Lamentations 3:24 I say to myself, "The lord is my portion;therefore I will wait for him."

MARRIAGE: Be the same wherever you are.

FAMILY:

3. Modeling

SCRIPURE
Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

MARRIAGE:

FAMILY: Learing scriptures. It's never too late. Take advantage of drive time.

4. Communication

SCRIPTURE
Psalm 119:33 Teach me, lord, the way of your decrees,that I may follow it to the end.

MARRIAGE: Effective communication impacts everything.

FAMILY:

-- Follow me on twitter @TheJRochelle

No comments: