Monday, February 20, 2012

Acting on The Word


Listen, dear friends, to God's truth, bend your ears to what I tell you. I'm chewing on the morsel of a proverb; I'll let you in on the sweet old truths, Stories I heard from my elders, counsel I learned at my mother's knee. I’m not keeping this to myself, I’m passing it along to the next generation— God's fame and fortune, the marvelous things he has done. [I’m acting on the word.]
Psalm 78
My grandfather always says, “Baby, how is anyone going to know how good God is if you don’t tell them?”  Many people call it being braggadocios [Wizig Word] but sharing your testimony is acting on the Word. You are a part of God’s drama ministry, let me tell you how. God commands us to share our testimony. 
Rehearse God’s blessings! Judges 5:11 says, ...rehearse the righteous acts of the Lord!” If one word signifies drama ministry, it’s rehearse! The first time you share your testimony it may be hard, but as the adage goes, practice makes perfect! My friend Kaisha adds, “...be careful what you practice”; if you practice NOT sharing your testimony, that is the skill that you were perfect.
Write and distribute a script! Psalm 103:2 says bless the Lord, oh my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Now if you ever get the chance to meet me, you will find out that I love to tell stories and sometimes I repeat the same ones. This is one way that I bless the Lord and remind myself of my benefits. Furthermore, in Exodus 17:14 God commands moses to write down God’s blessings! Sounds like a script to me!
Get over your stage fright! Sharing your testimony is one way to overcome the enemy! Revelation 12:11 says that “they overcame by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony...” Everytime you share God’s goodness you strengthen your faith.
Lights, camera, action! Once you practice and get over your stage fright, it’s off to the stage! 1 Timothy 6:12 says to profess a good profession before many witnesses! Sounds like a performance to me! This is how we pass faith on to others and younger generations. Deuteronomy 6:7 says talk to them when you sit in your house! Sounds like Theater to me!
Practice your monologue. Jesse Adams and Wendell Burton always tell us to have at least  monologues memorized. Jesse tells a story about meeting a casting director and knowing a monologue that he learned in college by heart. That monologue led him to success. Likewise, sharing your testimony will lead you to success in your #1 job found in Matthew 28:18-20:
...Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, TEACHING them to obey everything Jesus has commanded you...
Remember, all the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their exits and their entrances, and on man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.”
As You Like It Act 2, scene 7, 139-143
Be ready to play your part when the time comes. Get a copy of the script, Rehearse, practice, get over your stage fright, perform, and never forget your lines!

No comments: