Friday, February 3, 2012

Continually In My Mouth

All rights reserved ByJRochelle(C) 

v. 1 I will bless the Lord at all times; His praises shall continually be in my mouth.

This morning, I found myself meditating on this scripture. I thought to myself, How can His praise CONTINUALLY be in my mouth?  It would be silly to suggest that David was insinuating that he was about to embark on a marathon praise session. I believe that he meant that he would praise God through his life at every opportunity. David resolves that he will not focus on his circumstances, but he will instead focus on his God praising Him for who He is and what he does. David was recommending a life of worship. I am to worship God through way I relate to others and react in situations. So during my time of meditation I thought about the things I have planned and practical ways that I could keep his praises continually in my mouth.

I will probably interact with several service providers. By choosing to exercise love as described in 1 Corinthians 13 and if there is a problem I can be sure that my conversation be full of grace and seasoned with salt. If there are any discrepancies I can choose to be honorable.

I will probably drive; now road rage is not a problem for me but sometimes I think I am the cause of road rage. A lot of times I am unsure of my route so I drive slowly and to be honest I usually miss signals. By signals I mean there may be a person who wants to change lanes and I don't notice because I'm so worried . I will bless the Lord by choosing to accept His peace as I drive and do my best not to cause other drivers to stumble.

I will definitely interact with my husband. I will bless the Lord by understanding and supporting my husband in ways that show  my support for Christ. This like the other tasks will require me to take the focus off of myself and put it on God and others. I can't do this in my own strength so right now I just want to commit my day to the Lord so that his praises shall continually be in my mouth.

I encourage you to think of practical ways to worship God in your daily life and let me know what you come up with and how it turns out.

No comments: