Thursday, September 4, 2008

"...pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up"

I am up a little early and a little upset. Without going into too much detail, some people who I thought should be there for me weren't....the thing I needed was so simple and no one tried to give it to me. But that seems to be the story of my life...anyway So in my frustration I was thinking..."do I really need people?" The world tells us we don't...but what does God say. The first scripture that came to mind for me was Ecclesiastes 4:10 "If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"...

Pity the fool!

Those of you who know me, know that I love words so let's look at the word pity...pity implies tender or sometimes slightly contemptuous sorrow for one in misery or distress. So a man who doesn't have anyone to help him up is in misery or distress! (***1***I typed an entry from the international standard Bible encyclopedia below)

let's cuddle

Anyway Ecclesiastes goes on to say "Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?" I don't think Solomon is only talking about body heat...but let's talk about keeping warm. I like to cuddle...(lol, let's just throw that out there, but stay on track guys). Hugging a pillow, or even a blanket isn't the same as cuddling with another warm body. You get warmer faster. We generate something more by being close to others. Whenever I work in a group I feel something special...the work seems to go faster, and most times it doesn't even seem like work...we churn up love, loyalty, energy...we spark new ideas, it's magic. And no matter who holds on the tightest everyone is putting in equal parts to get things heated...lol. IDK...I could be off track but that's how I see it.

looking out for who?

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." When two or more people commit to one another, , we have greater protection. People tend not to bother groups. We see this in school...the bully picks on the nerd (for lack of a better term) who sticks to himself, not the clique....

I don't know...the bottom line guys is that technically, all we need is God, but, God works through the body of Christ to build up and strengthen us....he sent the disciples in twos...he said that it is not good for man to be alone and gave Adam his Eve...working and being with others builds us...it builds us even when it tears us down...so I guess I do need people (which I knew...but just needed some comfort and confirmation)....***shrug***



***1***"Pity," probably contracted from "piety," is tender feeling for others in misery or distress. It is allied to compassion, but differs in respect of the object that causes the distress. The feeling of pity is excited chiefly by the weakness, miserable or degraded condition of the object; compassion by his uncontrollable and inevitable misfortunes

No comments: